If you’re asking yourself, “How to link PayPal with Mpesa?” then you’re not alone. The majority of people who are having trouble link their PayPal accounts to their Mpesa accounts have a mismatch in their names. Your Mpesa account name should match the name on your PayPal account. Also, some web browsers, such as Opera Mini, do not allow you to link your PayPal account to Mpesa.
If you want to transfer money using PayPal, you need to first have an M-PESA account. Then, go to the PayPal Mobile Money portal and log in. This will show you your dashboard, which contains various options. Here, you can withdraw money from PayPal and send money to your PayPal account.
Linking M-Pesa and PayPal accounts is free when the transaction is for business. However, there is a $0.50 fee if the transaction is for personal use. This fee is charged to both the sender and receiver. Once linked, you can easily transfer funds from your M-Pesa account to your PayPal account.
Limitations of PayPal Mpesa service
The PayPal Mpesa service is available in Tanzania, but it has some limitations. First, this service is only available for sending payments, not receiving them. Because of this, you cannot use it to make website payments, send money to others, or get refunds. Secondly, you’ll have to pay a currency conversion fee whenever you use PayPal to transfer money into or out of M-Pesa. And lastly, you’ll have to pay withdrawal charges for any transactions.
Although the PayPal-MPESA service is convenient, it does have some limitations. Withdrawals are subject to a Ksh 70,000 limit per transaction. In addition, there’s no systematic way to unlink from PayPal to MPESA. However, if you’re concerned about losing your money, you can contact Thunes.
Signing up for a PayPal account
You can sign up for a PayPal account using your MPESA account. Once signed up, you can use PayPal to withdraw money from your MPESA account. Be sure to check the exchange rates and processing time of your transfer before proceeding. It may take up to 3 days to process a high-value transaction.
If the transaction takes more than 24 hours, it may be because of inactivity. This is caused by the security feature of PayPal, which detects inconsistencies or wrong input. In such a case, you can either wait for the process to finish or contact customer support.
Most people in Kenya use M-Pesa to send and receive money. M-Pesa is a mobile money service that allows users to deposit, withdraw, and transfer money using their mobile phones. PayPal is a global online payment platform that allows users to send and receive money in over 190 countries.
In Kenya, PayPal can be linked to M-Pesa through the Safaricom M-Pesa Paybill number, 522522. To link PayPal with M-Pesa:
1. Log in to your PayPal account and go to the “Settings” menu.
2. Select “Payments” from the settings menu.
3. Under “Country/Region”, select “Kenya” from the dropdown menu.
4. Enter the Safaricom M-Pesa Paybill number (522522) under “Phone number”.
5. Click “Save” and you’re all set!
Once you’ve linked your PayPal account to M-Pesa, you can easily send and receive money between the two platforms. To send money from PayPal to M-Pesa:
1. Log in to your PayPal account and go to the “Send & Request” menu.
2. Select “Pay or send money”.
3. Enter the recipient’s mobile number in the “Phone number” field.
4. Enter the amount you’d like to send and select “Continue”.
5. On the next page, select “M-Pesa” as the payment method.
6. Review the transaction details and click “Send”.
To receive money from M-Pesa to PayPal:
1. Go to the M-Pesa menu on your phone and select “Lipa na M-Pesa”.
2. Select “Paybill”.
3. Enter the Safaricom M-Pesa Paybill number (522522).
4. Enter the amount you’d like to send and your M-Pesa PIN.
5. Select “OK” to confirm the transaction.
You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-Pesa stating that the money has been sent successfully. The funds will automatically be deposited into your PayPal account.